AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Couldnt take it any more. Bought me a combine!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 9/20/2008 12:20 (#465091 - in reply to #464938)
Subject: Re: Couldnt take it any more. Bought me a combine!

Jeez, after reading this I'm sure glad to be running a Gleaner! And it sounds like there is a whole lot more if you plan to give Max the whole story after harvest.

I never could figure out what the idea was behind the PTO shaft running through the grain bin and the power-sucking 90 degree gearboxes. If I'm reading this correctly, you "position" the shaft so you can access the zerk - I'm sure that includes turning the engine too, right? And then there is also a zerk that you have to get into the hopper to access? You can have that! I'll take my belt drive - no greasing, no gearboxes eating valuable power, no oil to change each year, no u-joints and gears to go bad........ Just a quick inspection each morning and I can honestly say I've never had to replace a main drive belt. Oh, and isn't that shaft and the tube it runs through the famous place where fires like to start?

And, BTW, Gleaner used wood blocks on their conventionals for 50 yrs without problems. Methinks Deere likes selling you guys parts! :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)