AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geez, I tell ya, Im going to burn this frikkin DEERE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mad Max Perf
Posted 9/17/2008 09:23 (#462577 - in reply to #462541)
Subject: Re: Geez, I tell ya, Im going to burn this frikkin DEERE

North Western Alberta
Ha Ha... harley, trust me, thats what I want to do. But, the combine gets coated in oil pretty bad, in a hurry. So, anyways, till late last night, there is no FLIPPING WAY that those fittings will come apart. I even got them red hot. But, of course you are way in there, under the seat.... and you cant hardly get a wrench on the stupid things. So, I am headed to town. I am going to build a 1/2" hydraulic hose, and just replace the line with a hose, from the cooler to the pump fitting, and try it. If that doesnt work, then switch it over to the return line, from the Cooler to the hydraulic tank on the side of the combine. If that doesnt work, I have NO IDEA where its coming from, cause you cant see in there. I mean, its impossible. I think you would have to pull the engine. If these retard engineers would have just put an access panel in the hopper, this would be about a 10 minute troubleshooting job, and then you would know. The stupid thing is, these are steel lines, and they are held in place by those little plastic blocks that a bolt goes through. So, maybe one cracked right at that block?
Thats the frustrating part, is that you are essentialy guessing that thats the source of the oil.
I guess the head gasket is fixed good. At least that was easy to diagnose, and easier than I thought to fix too. Id love to get my hands on a low houred 9500. I think its time to start keeping my eye open for a deal. I dont think there are any deals out there right now though.... lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)