AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Geez, I tell ya, Im going to burn this frikkin DEERE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mad Max Perf
Posted 9/17/2008 00:06 (#462384)
Subject: Geez, I tell ya, Im going to burn this frikkin DEERE

North Western Alberta
New head gasket in the ole 8820, running like a top. Found there was no thermostats in it either... so, that could have been part of the problem. Anyways, run one hopper of grain through it, bring it home to drop the coolant, and put in the fresh stuff after the cooling system flush, and there is a frikkin hydraulic oil leak on it.
I cant freaking believe it. I cant tell exactly where it is coming from, cause you cant GET to it. Its hydraulic oil, and its coming from up behind the space between the firewall, and the grain tank. By removing every frikkin panel on this POS, I cant tell, other than that it pretty much has to be the lines from the Hydraulic pump that run under there, to the hydraulic oil cooler, and back. Tried to break the fittings, way under the cab, by going under the seat. Cant get them to BUDGE. Heated them, beat on them.... freaking ready to burn this thing. So, we came up with the game plan of dissconecting the lines, and running a whole new hose, in its place. Do one at a time, to see if the leak stops.
The idiot that engineered this should be kicked all the way to the factory and back from my farm.
Three days of perfect harvest weather lost now! I think I better get my freind over here with his Massey 860 to do some custom work. This is some kind of annoying. Maybe time to buck up to a newer combine. Or switch brands.
Geez, I cant believe the luck Im having this year. Wheres my beer.... lol

Edited by Mad Max Perf 9/17/2008 00:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)