AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop dusters in the drone zone (pic)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/10/2016 08:51 (#5346918 - in reply to #5335409)
Subject: RE: Crop dusters in the drone zone (pic)

southern MN
Many years ago, I was out on a field road near my pasture. A small pleasure aircraft flew over my pasture, I could count the lug nuts on the fixed landing wheels. My cattle ran like heck from the buzz overhead.....

I was pretty certain that was less than 400 feet..... ;)

Growing up I had always heard aircraft had to be over 400 feet when just flying. I got that info, I see now, from town folk, who were correct for 'their back yard'.

I was surprised to learn a couple years ago that it is not so over my real property, just because I live in the country.

That still seems wrong, and something that should be changed, to me. Few people know that, because everyone from the city always tells us the 400 foot rule over their heads. We assume that would apply to everyone.

Maybe it should? I don't really understand why it doesn't. My head is of equal value as the head of someone living in town, I don't care for the different rules.

TV broadcasts changed their signals after 60-70 years to accommodate new technology and more need for bandwidth by many users.

We can change the aircraft flight rules as well. Tho that wouldn't help crop dusters specifically, general aviation would be in a better place with defined separation between the classes of aircraft.

The 'here's my beer' crowd on both sides makes it difficult to allow for all safe possibilities, as one has to plan for the dumb actions.......

You have a good message, I understand your points and where you are coming from.

I don't want to say too much to identify people, but.... One of my drone mentors has very close connections to airplanes, drones, airports, and crop dusters all existing within about 500 feet of each other..... I think all sides he represents wish they could do anything they want in the air, and everyone else should be grounded. That is kinda the reality of us humans, and we all need to stick up for the bits we want or we will be run over by the others. ;) there would be so much more to say but I just don't want to call out people in a worldwide forum. :)

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)