AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight cost???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

KDD
Posted 8/24/2006 17:57 (#38445 - in reply to #38272)
Subject: Re: Insight cost???

Leesburg, Ohio
Telling someone they "obviously don't know"...and then admitting "I don't have 1st hand knowledge" is kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

I do have 1st hand knowledge, and Ed is closer to right. It takes me about a half-hour to completely remove and reinstall the EZguide lightbar, antenna, Ezguide box, and steering wheel motor, with all cables and brackets, from my 4450 to 4250 tractors or 9410 combine or vice versa. That does not include any other monitors or equipment. An extra bracket would save a few minutes, and I just keep all the extra cables coiled and zip-tied together on top of the T2 box, which sets on the floor. I use self tapping screws to hold it in place, or nothing at all if I'm running it myself and if it won't be in there for long. The way I route the cables, I usually don't have to unhook them. Other tractors/combines might require unhooking. I admit I am not too anal about hiding all the cables, since we do move things around fairly often.

Even the first installation didn't take anywhere near two hours, unless you count calibration and dialing in as part of the installation. Most of the tweaking gets done during the first few rounds of actual fieldwork.

The first installation of our Outback and eDrive on the 8300 took us exactly two hours, with help from the local tech, and we had to stop and clean up oil from a loose hose fitting we forgot to tighten.

Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)