AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight cost???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bigfarmerdave
Posted 8/24/2006 10:58 (#38373 - in reply to #38366)
Subject: RE: Insight cost???

Eastern Iowa
Don't let them fool you when they say that it only takes 15 minutes to transfer the eqiupment from one tractor to another. The guy that you talked to who stated that it takes two hours is about right on. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not bad mouthing the system but I will call the 15 minute BS. By the time you climb up on the roof of the cab and unhook both cables from the 5100 GPS and take the receiver off, route those cables back in through the cab, unhook the T-2 box, unscrew the T-2 box from the mounting plate, unhook the insight and application rate module, unhook the serial cable from the application rate module to the controller, unhook the EZ-Guide, unhook the EZ-Steer (and have an EZ-Steer mounting bracket installed in every vehicle you plan to use the system on), and remove ALL those cables from the cab and onto the shop floor, congrats, your half way done! Now just repeat the process when installing into the next tractor. Been there and done it several times and I can tell you from first hand experience that you cannot do it in 15 minutes. Enough said
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)