AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Photographing Roadkill
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Funacres Daughter
Posted 4/17/2016 18:26 (#5248253)
Subject: Photographing Roadkill

Texas
A couple days ago while driving on a busy four lane divided highway, we came upon a car on the side of the road. Like most of the other cars, I changed lanes and slowed down to be considerate.

Now if you are thinking that this person had a normal vehicle incident like a blown tire, or engine trouble, or was in a car wreck, or had a kid that was throwing up, or any other number of logical reasons to pull over onto the shoulder of a busy highway, think again. A guy, presumably the driver, was standing behind the vehicle with a large professional quality camera in hand photographing a dead armadillo.

Now, I have a difficult time understanding why someone would want to take a photo of an armadillo that has been run down by a vehicle and is now lying on the shoulder with its feet in the air. My mom is better at understanding people than I am and I think she probably got it right when she said that he had never seen an armadillo before. So that leads me to wondering what other than deleting the photos do you do with them. Let me think. He could get it blown up in to a large photograph and make it into the focal point in his living room, so that all his friends know that he saw an armadillo during his trip to Texas, and after they come to the realization that this person has prominently featured a photo of roadkill in his living room, they can call a psychiatrist for him, and now I am back to the idea of deleting the photographs, or he could, ah, ah, ah, maybe he could ah, ah, delete them.

However, despite the fact the he inconvenienced several people who cancelled cruise, slowed down, and changed lanes, just so that he could safely photograph roadkill, I wish him and his photos well. On second thought, let me just wish him well and leave the photos out of it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)