AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will land prices begin to fall?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

msb
Posted 8/8/2008 17:19 (#431173 - in reply to #431066)
Subject: RE: Will land prices begin to fall?

Lapel, In
Call me a contrairian (sp?)if you like,but it sounds like great opportunites passed up to me at thosefarmland prices. To me, its like a really good hog showman does. When everyone is going left, take your pig to the right.Not a good time to follow the trend.

Interestingly enough China is taking steps to curb their inflation.They are moving some of their manufacturing capacity to Cambodia where labor is even cheaper yet. That should make prices cheaper for the average Chinaman. And when you go from maybe having one chicken a year to several chickens a year , a little food inflation is NOT going to slow things down over there.
Hopefully, ABC will aire that show again. It contained so much information about our relationships and our futures as countries and I only saw a part of it. The Chineese know how valuable our being trading partners are to both countries and I don't think they, as our biggest lender are going to forclose on us. That gave me hope and I can see we have a much better chance of coming back, economically, than I saw even a few days ago.It won't be easy, but at least we have a chance to revive a poor economy.

Edited by msb 8/8/2008 17:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)