AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why can't I get my yield files from insight to sms?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/4/2008 17:04 (#428243 - in reply to #426950)
Subject: Re: Why can't I get my yield files from insight to sms?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Weedsqueer said

as far as the 30 days, that timer starts after you hit the copy to card button. If you have your insight set to copy logfiles at shutdown from the field notes menu, these logfiles remain until you delete the "season"

I wasn't aware of that combination. I am of the opinion that if you manually copy log files from the Home screen then they are marked for future deletion after the 30 days have past. This gives you 30 days to recopy them if your memory card doesn't work for you. If I understand Weedsqueezer correctly, if the system is set to automatically copy the files to the card then they remain available throughout the entire season??

Because of the potential problem of losing the memory card, I advise our customers to only copy to the removable memory card when they know they will be able to transfer them to the computer very soon. Once they have been transferred to the computer and found to be workable then the pressure is off. The more formal analysis can be done later but it is reassuring to know that the data is at least readable.

If the customer is not going to be able to get the card to a computer fairly soon, I believe it is actually safer not to copy the files at all. They are much safer in the Insight than lying on the dash of the pickup.

Edited by tedbear 8/4/2008 17:08
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)