AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why can't I get my yield files from insight to sms?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Weedsqueezer
Posted 8/2/2008 10:21 (#426904 - in reply to #425825)
Subject: Re: Why can't I get my yield files from insight to sms?

And just to be sure, you are running v8.01 found here http://sms.agleader.com/support.php?Page=downloads/sms

You have an odd problem if so, I have never seen an insight not cough up it's log files. There was one occasion I had that had me worried though.

It involved a unique situation where 2 growers each with their own insights were sharing equipment. And instead of using their own insights, opted to just create backups of the insights. The problem occurred when the insight wasn't shut down (to copy logfiles) before the backup. so when reading data into SMS, those .ilf's didn't exist. Not a problem though, we just loaded up the proper backup file and copied to card and ended up with all data. This is where the Insight's way of data management is far superior to any other field device i've ever worked with. I constantly hear horror stories of JD and Case guys accidentally or for no reason losing an entire year of data because those systems write directly to a card. the insight is different in that the data is stored internally and only transfered out by the card.

as far as the 30 days, that timer starts after you hit the copy to card button. If you have your insight set to copy logfiles at shutdown from the field notes menu, these logfiles remain until you delete the "season"

you say you "upgraded to insights" is this plural?, I am wondering if your planting insight is not the same as your wheat harvest insight? if so are you looking on the proper card and in the proper folders (named as the serial number of each display).

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)