AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disaster assistance buy in now open
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 7/30/2008 08:01 (#424711 - in reply to #424633)
Subject: RE: Really appreciate the information

Grand Rapids, MI
No problem for the information, as a consultant that is what I do. (And hopefully find a few people that want our firm to just manage all these nitty gritty details for them...lol)

Now...a couple more areas that may cause confusion...

First for the SURE program that we have been discussing the farm must be in a Secretarially declared disaster county or a contiguous county, or show proof of an individual loss of at least 50 percent. This may be where the 50% number you referenced is coming from. Again here though I read this as only pertaining to crops, not livestock. We have not seen the final interpretation from FSA though. I would be interested to know more about what FSA is saying on this.

Second there are three other programs that deal with livestock in some way. The "Livestock Forage Program", the "Livestock Indemnity Program" and the "Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees, and Farm Raised Fish" program. I really don't know much about these programs yet, as most livestock losses typically deal with grazed cattle, and our firm really doesn't do much work with clients having grazed cattle (yet at least) I don't know what the triggers for these programs are.

I would be interested to find out what FSA is saying on these issues.

Hope this helps,
Loren
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)