AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 9600 hydraulic chatter and Outback system ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NDakfarmer
Posted 7/25/2008 17:05 (#421959)
Subject: JD 9600 hydraulic chatter and Outback system ?

I installed an Outback autosteer system on our 9600 combine, which seems to be functioning, however; when the system applies pressure to steer the wheels I hear a very loud buzzing or chattering in the steel lines running along the side of the machine.

I've checked the hold downs for the lines and haven't been able to locate any one pipe that maybe the source of the noise. I checked the level of oil in the resevoir and changed the filters.

I've been through the Outback system to double check my installation and Outback sent me a replacement control valve which I swapped out, but no change. I'm thinking that the problem maybe in the combine.

Steering the combine with the steering wheel the chatter cannot be heard, but there is a bit of vibration, it seems that the Outback, when active, is amplifing the problem.

I installed an Outback on another 9600 last year and it works great, the steering system operates smoothly on that combine using either the steering wheel or the Outback.

Any suggestions about the source of this noise and possible solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)