AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Video editing software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/23/2015 10:57 (#4981161)
Subject: Video editing software

southern MN
What do you all use to make something of these raw video files?

I'm trying to learn some.

So far I bought a bit more expensive program, it is overwhelming to try to make something simple. Some day I will like it, but - too much too soon for me.

I bought a $30 program, and it won't see mpg4 files. Well, duh? What use is that? After much effort found a program to convert somewhat mepg4 to mov files. So the $30 program now says nope, wrong version of mov file I can't use that either..... What a waste of $30....

In looking for the file converter, I found about anything free any more is loaded with ads and spam and doesn't actually do anything useful but beg for money from you before it might try to do something for you. Lucky if the wonderful free program will convert a 1 minute snippet all the while begging for money, and thrn the snippet it creates isn't really what one wanted....

The media center that comes with Windows doesn't like mpeg4 files either so that was a dead end.

A free version of video editing I got with an older laptop will work with MPEG, but it only runs on that old, slow laptop and is old enough to be limited to 720 video, so much for 1040 or better.... And the laptop is slow enough I can't wait for a 720 rendering......

Really kinda hung up on what to use any more, everything seems to work against a person. Today I'd like to make a DVD with 2-3 videos on it from my GoPro, and can't find anything that preserves 1040 resolution and is simple enough to make it so within 24 hours....

So, software list, what works for you all?

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)