AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Video editing software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 12/24/2015 06:55 (#4983298 - in reply to #4981161)
Subject: RE: Video editing software

Chebanse, IL.....

I've used the Pinnacle Studio programs for years (12+?) now. The advanced versions can be complicated, but once you find a niche you like, you just use that facet of it. I'm sure that I use about 3% of the capability of the software. I'd look at the basic version. These folks have been making this software for quite a few years, not newcomers. I upgraded to a newer version a while back, but it appeared overly-complicated, so I stuck w/my previous version. Making mp4 files is no problem for any of them. Burning dvds can get to be challenging for a computer. But, I've created & burned thousands of them.

Of course the Studio program does a nice job (I think) of assembling still photos into a video also. You can arrange them manually, or let the software do it.

I also tried the Sony program once. I'd say that one is REALLY complicated. Probably made for the likes of Steven Spielberg or someone similar.

My recommendation on drone videos is to edit them to get rid of the mechanical "scene changes" when the drone moves around, turns, etc. Those appear to abrupt & clumsy. Do it in the software & use simple fading transitions to replace the movement you cut out. You can add music or not. But, keep in mind what you're presenting. I see lots of responses on NAT to YouTube productions where responders say, "great song....good choice....truer words were never sung...I saw him in concert...." etc. You then realize they overlooked the main part of the deal, your video. I prefer pure instrumentals if they fit OK. Then people can turn their attention to your work instead of someone else's million dollar song. Finally, if anyone can figure out what will be accepted by YouTube audio guys & what won't, it would be helpful. I've used music by some non-descript person from the '50s & figured that would be no problem. YouTube will go ahead & let it play, but there has been a couple of times where they tell you it's banned in 87 countries. You read thru the list & then come to one rather important one....United States of America.....So, just about no one can see your video. I think pretty much all of my videos are not playable by my friends in Germany. They just don't tolerate any commercial music.

Anyway, here's link to "Studio" software. I'd go for the basic version. It's about $60. I think that's an upload program. They charge a little more if you want a disk.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/studio/

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)