AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone Insurance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

MikeBra
Posted 12/17/2015 14:39 (#4967005 - in reply to #4966164)
Subject: RE: Drone Insurance

Onalaska WI
I am an agent in the Midwest and we expect this to be a question for our farms utilizing this, our crop service customer and a savvy homeowner now has to worry about it since this licensing moved these from toys to registered vehicles.
We have Grinnell Mutual that has addressed it for a very reasonable liability cost as part of a farm policy. Not many others have addressed.
We have dealt with these for a while with customers that do videography with them. Most of the overhead shots you see now are done with them. There are policies you can buy on their own to cover the liability; and a modest physical damage coverage limit.
If you are paying for physical damage coverage, keep in mind that it may not be covered if you crash it. This is how it is excluded: "Direct physical loss or damage from sudden and accidental causes, including operator error, except as limited or excluded." I haven't seen too many that haven't been plowed into some come corn or beans at one point. That was on the Grinnell endorsement.
Hope that helps and feel free to msg me with any specific questions.

Edited by MikeBra 12/17/2015 14:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)