AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2008 FSA payments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

lorenk
Posted 7/14/2008 15:26 (#415357 - in reply to #415277)
Subject: Re: 2008 FSA payments

Grand Rapids, MI
Ed, I think your office is giving you the run around. All the offices I work with have the software and are able to print signup forms and make payments. And I doubt that FSA writes special software just for your county office ;-)

Do you have Level 2 online access? You can avoid going to the office altogether, so long as you are listed as operator on all the farms. Sign them up online then fax or e-mail them the required leases. I believe they are required to pay you in 30 days or pay you interest, which they don't want to do because it raises a lot of questions about why the payment wasn't made more timely. I usually don't like to be too threatening with this since these folks can make the process pretty miserable for you if they want to. Usually just an innocent inquiry if you haven't been paid after 20 or so days like "hey, did I read somewhere that I get interest if my advance doesn't come within 30 days of signup?" Usually the answer is, oh I don't know, but don't worry about it we will have it paid. Then they scramble to quickly pay it :-) Its all about tact working with these offices as you know.

On the smaller FSN's are they owned by a person or entity that owns more land? If so you can get them combined and paid.

Edited by lorenk 7/14/2008 15:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)