AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger MT 900 Q & A time.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 8/15/2006 16:40 (#36046)
Subject: Challenger MT 900 Q & A time.

Southeast Florida
Has anybody seen one of these other than on the internet? What axles will they have because from the picture I got they looked like Rabi but I’d think that CAT has a pretty good selection of loader axles to choose from plus hydraulic pumps. Cost is a issue but downtime is worse, we put around 2,500 hrs annual on these tractors and with the enormous fleets that the mills, custom planters & harvesters and vegetable growers get into the dealership's don't have the manpower to keep the hi-tech toys and gadgets running for the 6 to 8 months of harvesting.
I know all of you guys up north (that's the other side of Orlando) like all the toys and gadgets including the barn door opener button but with our help situation they can't resist pressing this button or turning this one so forth and so on. I hope they'll offer a generic model too that's either 4 post (preferably) or cab with A/C basic controls with linkage for the hydraulics(taco grease, crumbs and soft drinks in the electro switches don't work) and a AM/FM w/CD. Yes that right a stereo because if it's got a cab they'll try to find a power source to hook one up from their junk car on blocks in their front yard, get the wrong wire or the right one and either short out the tractor or burn it to the ground from exposed wires.
I love the KISS theory, Keep It Simple Stupid.
PS with all the construction going on it's got our labor resources streched to the limit, you take what you can get and hope for something better!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)