AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Challenger MT 900 Q & A time.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 8/16/2006 00:39 (#36166 - in reply to #36073)
Subject: RE: Challenger MT 900 Q & A time.

Southeast Florida
Because they'll quite and go down the road to next guy needing help. We've already tried those things and nothing seems to work but the old lime green STEIGER's with 4 post, 3306 CAT engine with an Allison AT-754 is the best tractor ever built for cane harvesting nothing fancy and guy's here are still rebuilding them. The next best was the Sugar Special (4-Post) 91-93 series 10's and 30 CIH's with the Fuji-Tek.
Another nice feature about them is insurance. When they baptize on in the canal they can get away from the 4-post and the insurance people are very concerned with the closed cabs. I lost some good pics from hurricane Wilma when it took my digital camera and CD's but there was pic's where a 9400 operator pulling disc went to sleep on a Monday morning and the only thing sticking out of the water was the top of the cab and the back half of the tractor being held up by the disc another is an 8420 pulling 4, 5 ton wagons loaded and being completely submerged and 2 wagons on the road still from going too fast and couldn't negotiate the turn. I had plenty of them oh ****t pics and would love to share them with you guys but they're somewhere in the dump along with the rest of the debris that we called a house.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)