AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sunflower Disc
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/7/2008 22:44 (#411358 - in reply to #410932)
Subject: RE: Sunflower Disc

West Union, Illinois

We bought a 29 ft 1434 last winter and do not regret it in the least ... well, other than if I knew how difficult this year was going to be I might have held off on ANY purchases.

We pull a 29 ft disk and JM rolling harrow with both a CIH 9270  and a JD 8630.  The old 8630 works better if you crank up the depth adjustment a little.

That is one thing I really enjoy about the Sunflower.  You can set the depth to be exactly the same reliably every time.

One thing to watch is transport width.  One reason we went with the 29 ft is a narrower width going down the road.  A 28' 11" cut disk has a 13' 5" transport width.  A 30' 4" or wider has a 17' 8" transport width. (These are 1434 figures, but I think a 1435 is the same)

I was looking  through my notes, and I wrote down 8 HP per foot, but I don't remember if this is engine, drawbar, PTO, or what.

I cut teeth on a Farmall.  We have had IH disks for as long as I have been pulling one.  So when I say you will not regret a Sunflower that is a high recommendation.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)