AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK vs omnistar vs RTK... continued
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

deereman23
Posted 6/29/2008 09:46 (#406680 - in reply to #406611)
Subject: Re: RTK vs omnistar vs RTK... continued

Bardstown,KY
I paid around $18,000 for the console,roof module, base station, outback valve kit for my 8300 and a valve kit for my 9600. One thing that I can say is that auto farm only supports the ontrac steering unit trough technical support so you either need to be able to work through some of the setup on your own or have a dealer that can help you, its not hard but did take me all spring before I was happy with how it steered. I have no local support for any brand. By the time I started planting soybeans I would use the markers for the outside round then use the auto steer for the rest of the field with good results. The biggest complaint I have right now is that I can't just take over the steering at anytime. When you make a headland around the field in the ATC it will auto disengage when you get to the end and automatically engage when you turn around. This is my first time with any auto steer so I have nothing to compare it to. On the fields that I didn't get done with and had to come back the next day I would leave my tri-pod setup and put the base back on it the next morning and my mark would be lined up perfect. Overall I like the system it doesn't cost me yearly and it will have signal after setup in 1 to 3 minuets at most and I can fit other tractors with the outback kits without spending allot of money.

Edited by deereman23 6/29/2008 09:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)