AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

General questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

hwdcne
Posted 6/4/2008 23:50 (#390899 - in reply to #390372)
Subject: Re: General questions

Soutwest Ks.
tx.ag: You have some very valid questions. Outback works quite well for less precise work, ie pulling field cultivator, disc, or drill, but as reznik stated it is difficult to duplicate strip till strips. It can be done, but it takes effort and a fair amount of baby sitting. (I've been doing it for two years) One of the reasons I went with Outback Baseline was the original input cost, free signal that drifts very little with the Baseline and probably most of all, they had platform kits for the equip. I have. At the time I was getting into this, Trimble was very limited with their kits and Deere still really doesn't offer intergrated steering for other makes.
Outback does continue to update and some of the rumour is that they will have better equipment by this fall.
If you truly need and want very precise guidance, (sub-inch) you will probably need to ante up and buy Trimble, Autofarm or Deere with RTK. Your expectations will largly determine the system you need, dealer support, equipment type and Oh, let's see, yeah, how fat a check book you have. Outback is very simple and easy to learn to operate and has been discussed on this forum before, they appear to have their satelite formula fairly good with or without the Baseline, (Very seldom lose signal) Wish you the best in your learning curve, may it be relatively flat!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)