AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Casio Gz One
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dave morgan
Posted 6/16/2008 07:50 (#398691 - in reply to #391097)
Subject: RE: I have a Casio Gz One

Somerville, Indiana
Not sure about the type but I have two Casio Gz phones. One came on the market over a year ago, looked rugged, was advertised as shock proof and water resistant. Water resistant as long as the rubber plugs stay in place=no vehicle charge port is exposed like the two brass looking lugs for 120V charger. Heard charging in vehicle speeds up degradation of battery so decided to just recharge at home only. It has held up to my poor concentration on guarding my cell phone in the rain, sweat, and occasional dropping. Decided I wonted another like it. Next model came out by that time with no external looking antenna. Big handle looking guard is now on top of phone instead of on lower part. Different battery, different charger. Of course. Thats seems to be the way with cell phones, planned obselesence to the power of 3 or more. Older phone doesn't have bluetooth in the tools menu if that makes a difference, and is somewhat larger than the newer model. Older phone will eventually show a wear pattern on the screen from the buttons, making it even harder to see in sunlight. Newer phone, smaller, sill advertised as shock proof, water resistant has been here for six months without downtime. It has bluetooth in the tools menu and does support bluetooth. It has no external antenna. Battery life is good. Text message is faster with the later model, don't have to wait for the next letter on same button as long, John will be proud to hear that. :-)

alarm won't work on either phone while in the charger, leastwise that's what seems to be true here. Sometimes alarm works sometimes it doesn't. I keep mine in a charger near nightstand = two teenagers in their twenties, just in case.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)