AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

planting data insight and sms
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/23/2008 06:43 (#383142 - in reply to #382846)
Subject: RE: planting data insight and sms

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with the information presented by pontihad. As was stated the .ilf files contain that data that you are looking for and are marked for future deletion when you copy them to your removable memory card.

The large .ibk file is the backup file and could be used to restore the Insight to that point in time in case of a fairly major failure. The .ibk file can also be used to setup a second Insight to be identical to another Insight.

When I got my second Insight this year I created an .ibk file from my first Insight and then used that file to restore the "new" one. At that point they were both identical. After that they became somewhat "different" as each was adding data, configuratins etc "on it's own".

Now that I think about this, I did screw up. I should have used an .ibk from the first Insight before any thing was done with it this year. Since I made and used the .ibk file from my first Insight after some planting had been done, the second Insight will contain that data also. The problem with this is that when I read the data from both units into SMS, the duplicate data from the planting that was done with the first Insight will also be in the Summary on the second Insight. This may cause some doubling effects. I believe this gave me grief one other time when I just borrowed a second Insight from the store for a couple of days.

I had planned on using my older .ibk file that was saved before any field work was done this year in case I needed to use a second Insight. I thought that I might need a second Insight to handle some spraying and planting with two different rigs at the same time. Due to weather problems, I needed the second Insight to apply NH3 and plant at the same time with two different rigs.

There is a way to clean up the duplicate issue but it is far better to prevent it in the first place.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)