AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wife having problems registering
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> FAQ & SupportMessage format

Chimel
Posted 4/10/2015 06:54 (#4507959 - in reply to #4504516)
Subject: RE: Wife having problems registering

I was a mod on another forum, they had to ban Microsoft accounts too for the same reason. Microsoft considers many legit forum notification mails as spam, and even when you try to comply to their rules, such as adding a 1-click link at the bottom to unsubscribe from such notifications, that seems to work only for a while before the emails get classified as spam again. Really annoying, since the industry-wide and accepted definition of spam is "(frequent) unsolicited email," not "email that does not follow Microsoft rules that are hidden somewhere and change every once in a while."

Email is just for notifications though, you could easily set up a dummy email account that you'll never use if you don't need notifications. For me, it's more "I don't want even more emails than I currently have." ;)
I agree it's not a practical option for most, especially since Windows 8 makes it easier to set up a Microsoft account. It would be better to follow some basic rules, such as setting up SPF/DKIM/DMARC email authentication so NAT emails are not spoofed, using a proper sender email address, implement RFC2369 and the CAN-SPAM Act, create and monitor abuse@ and postmaster@ email addresses for NAT, check that no spammer got NAT blacklisted (DNS/IP/email/spam blacklists) on sites such as spamhaus.org, register to SNDS, JMRP and whitelists, and a million other things. Hardly an option for a free web site of volunteer administrators such as NAT, a little fish surfing on the web: "Newagtalk.com has the potential to earn $4,929 USD in advertisement revenue per year. If the site was up for sale, it would be worth approximately $34,503 USD." (http://www.trafficip.com/newagtalk.com)

Here are Microsoft anti-spam policies: https://mail.live.com/mail/junkemail.aspx
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)