AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tip for those installing Tru-Count with Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/19/2008 20:09 (#361414 - in reply to #361199)
Subject: Re: Tip for those installing Tru-Count with Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
John here's another thought that requires some operator intervention which I know we are trying to avoid..

Use a momentary toggle switch that is normally open in the cab and wire it in parallel with the two implement switches you already have.

Mark the momentary position as "Terrace Override" and the Off position as "Normal". Then as the operator encounters a Terrace where you might have these problems, he can hold the switch in the Terrace Override position so planting will continue. When the operator lets go of the switch, things return to normal with the real implement switches handling the situation.

A regular switch could be used but then the operator might forget to turn it back to "Normal". I suppose a regular switch with a buzzer might also work as the operator would be alerted while the switch is in the "Terrace Override" position. He would just have to tolerate the noise until the rig is back in more normal conditions and he shuts the switch off.

The wiring would be as follows: Pin A out of the Seed Command provides the power to the implement switch(es) so Run Pin A to Pin A of the Deere switches and also to this new switch. Pin B from the Deere switches are connected together already on their way back to Pin B of the Seed Command module.

In the tractor the wire from Pin A of the Seed Command module will be the source for the switch (either regular or momentary), the output from this switch goes to the buzzer and also to a diode. The buzzers other wire is connected to ground (could be Pin C of the Seed Command). The output end of the diode is connected to Pin B of the Seed Command wiring like the other real implement switches.

The reason you need the diode is that when the Terrace Override switch is used, the buzzer will buzz reminding the operator of that fact. If a diode were not used, the regular switches would backfeed 12 v to the buzzer whenever their circuit was complete.

The buzzer would then be buzzing anytime the planter was planting in the normal mode. This would not be tolerable.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)