AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Linn Group projects Illinois at 212 b/a
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 11/6/2014 08:00 (#4163419 - in reply to #4163375)
Subject: RE: Linn Group projects Illinois at 212 b/a

Clay SEIA - 11/6/2014 07:38

Pat, here is a farm we finished last night.  The long rows to the left are pattern tiled perpendicular to the rows, and the topography drops off a little bit to terraces and waterways around the edges.  The eastern side of the farm has several terraces and waterways going down the slopes.  I'm sure everybody is sick of me talking about big rain in June, but this is what the effects of it were on a pretty good farm for me.  2" of June rain instead of 9+, and we would have added 20 bpa easily to this one.   FWIW, early on everybody was jumping around to hilly fields to dodge the mud and there was lots of talk about how great yields were.  People have gotten a lot quieter since it firmed up enough to work in the heavier dirt, there's no line at the elevators, neighbor who bought a pallet of bags wanting to use my bagger hasn't said a word about it for two weeks now.  Call me skeptical or a crop-killer, but while this thing is very good it just is no monster in Iowa....

thanks for that post, Clay. We have a field that is tiled on 80 ft. centers, which is what we'd considered pattern tile 30 years ago, and there was 60 bu. acre difference between the 8 rows on top of the line, and 40 ft. to the side in the middle. Amazing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)