AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The value of the dollar
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 11/4/2014 20:57 (#4160982 - in reply to #4160701)
Subject: I Think Rickards has it Figured Better than Anyone

Napanee, Ontario
"I expect a collapse in the value of currencies relative to real goods, real assets and real services."

The writing is on the wall. Fiat's are on borrowed time - pun fully intended.

People should check out his latest book. The guy has a lot of notable credentials and experience - has actively worked with congress and central banks and various state departments in consulting capacities in the past.

The end of his books proposes the Death of Money Portfolio:

1. Gold----------- 20%
2. Cash---------- 30%
3. Land---------- 20%
4. Art----------- 10%
5. Alternatives- 20%

Keep in mind that is is generally recommended for people that are currently heavily invested in nominals and paper markets. I think that we as farmers are already better positioned than many, but perhaps light on some of the allocations. I know that we ourselves would like to have more gold and more cash, and are obviously heavily weighted towards land and alternatives (commodity inventory)... and have no exposure to art. But I am certainly breathing easier being cashed out of the paper markets (other than some feeder cattle hedges). We are much further ahead of the large majority of the population in that regard who have such a high concentration all in 401ks or RRSP's ect. and will have to be exchanging for cash to chase these allocations higher when the event arises.

EDIT- another good interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgPyWLr20jk&list=UUG-G8LLr38fQUNZU8K...

Edited by OldMcdonald 11/4/2014 21:14
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)