AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tru-Count air pressure at turnaround
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NoTill Ninja
Posted 4/10/2008 11:26 (#354402 - in reply to #354081)
Subject: Re: Tru-Count air pressure at turnaround

Ravenna, NE USA
I was a little concerned about enough air pressure to do both clutching and liquid control so I purchased a second air reserve tank, which would normally be overkill for a sixteen row Kinze planter. The valves themselves are normally-open Airpinch valves from Richway Mfg. They claim to only need about 20 to 22 lbs. of pressure above the pressure of the controlled liquid to get a good seal. We have Redball monitors to keep an eye on the starter, but no way to adjust rates(from the cab) or log rates. Liquid starter pressure will have to be bypass regulated after the pump, with excess going back around to the saddle tanks, hopefully preventing too much pressure in the Redballs when the air valves start to shut down rows. Air pressure will have to be regulated to the Richway valves to prevent overpressure on the seal inside. In my setup our Insight will log seed varieties and rates (seed comand module) and will also watch the seed drop in the tubes (population monitor). My main goal with the starter shutoffs was to prevent over application while planting, and starter running everywhere when we turn around or stop the planter to check on something. Thanks for the fantastic replies, this site is a great place to get useful information from other people who are out there getting it done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)