AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

update on tragic hunting accident
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairyman78
Posted 8/22/2014 07:50 (#4031701)
Subject: update on tragic hunting accident

S.C. Wisconsin
Just got back from Canada dealing with the details a and the distraught brother involved with the accidental shooting. From what I understand that there were mistakes made and fate was lined up against them. It was dark and they had walked out to a forest road and the shooter stopped by the road to unload his gun and his brother walked around in front of him when the weapon discharged. Mistake # 1 was unloading a weapon with the barrel pointed anywhere besides the ground. Mistake #2 was using the flawed 700 Remington gun, and the victim should not have walked away while his brother was unloading the gun. It is a terrible tragedy and it will a long time for the shooter overcome the emotions that go with something like this. I was shook up as the deceased was a friend of mind as we fished and hunted together several times. My comment on this was the shooter should have known better as he had hunters safety course, and Remington should be ashamed of building a gun that the bean counters decided to save less then 6 cents per gun for an unsafe trigger safety system. I never had a 700 Remingtion as I only have rifles that have a controlled round feed which is much safer and secure. If I owned one of those guns I would cut it up for scrap metal. In this accident the shooter claimed he did have his finger on the trigger. Mistake #3 is the victim should not have moved until the gun was unloaded. I just posted this as I also am a hunter and a shooter and always be thinking at all times as once the gun fires there is no stopping the projectile.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)