AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/2/2008 05:51 (#347960 - in reply to #347523)
Subject: RE: Insight setup

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Concerning the planter. Point row clutches will be controlled by the Seed Command module, the planter population will require the Population module which will replace the KPM I, II, or III population monitor in the tractor (other brands are not supported this year). If you are not replacing a KPM I, II, or III you will still need a separate planter population monitor.

I am curious as to how your two fertilizers will be handled. One possible scenario is to have two separate Liquid Command Modules where each works with a separate flowmeter, control valve and boom valves.

If the fertilizer is delivered by a ground driven pump and only monitoring is desired, then a flowmeter can be connected to an Application Rate module for monitoring one product. It is possible to use more than one DC Liquid Module on a system but only one Application Rate module at any given time.

Your Insight will need both the Mult-product and Autoswath unlocks.

Without trying to be critical, you have taken on a pretty heavy load for your first season with the equipment.

Concerning boundaries; The Insight does not require them but they are generally highly desirable especially for use with Autoswath for the point rows and spraying. Having the proper Outer and Inner boundaries would be desirable and in some cases very necessary.

Without boudaries, it will be necessary for the operator to prevent planting/spraying in certain situations.

The boundaries can be created on the first pass while you are actually planting but this does increase the workload a bit. You do not need to be planting so the Inner boudaries can be made on the fly by driving around the "islands" with the planter UP when you get to them.

The inner boundaries would be required is you do not plant around the "islands". If you plant around these islands, then autoswath would shut off the row units when you pass through them and you could prevent planting in the waterways by either raising the planter (you do have an implement switch(es) I hope) or shutting off the Master. If you do not plant around the islands and just want autoswath to shut off the sections as you pass up to the waterway edge you will need inner boundaries.

Concerning defining tank mixes: It is not necessary to define the tank mix but I would encourage it. By defining the tank mix, the Application report that can be created will give a very nice breakdown of the products applied to the field in several ways. This report is very handy for government recordkeeping, billing and future reference.

Since someone had to know the amount of ingredients that went into the tank mix, it is very easy to define the mixture and give it a name.

Whether you chose to define the mixture or not, the operator merely selects the desired application rate on the RUN screen and the system will attempt to apply that amount.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)