AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Major League Baseball All Star Game
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

marbro1
Posted 7/15/2014 23:29 (#3970401)
Subject: Major League Baseball All Star Game

Southwest Iowa
I know there aren't a whole lot of professional sports fans on here. Baseball fans are getting to be less and less every year. I didn't watch much of the all star game, but did catch some of the highlights later on SportsCenter. But in my opinion, Derek Jeter is a class act. He carries himself amazingly both on and off the field. You never hear stories about him getting into any trouble, whether it be getting a DUI or fathering multiple kids with multiple partners or even bad talking an opposing player. He's played for the same team that selected him in the draft 20+ years ago in an era where players tend to switch teams multiple times in a career. He has played the shortstop position for 20 of the 101 years that New York has had a team called the Yankees. To know that your name will be mentioned in the same breath as other great Yankees such as Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Mantle and Maris is something that both young and old players would dream of. He would make a great ambassador for the game of baseball around the world once he retires.

To me, the world of professional athletics, needs more people that have the same values and ethics like Derek Jeter.

Disclosure.......I'm not a Yankees fan and don't follow them a whole lot. But I do admire Jeter and everything he's done.

GO CARDS!!!!

Marbro1
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)