AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain supply/demand in the 80's
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

emtbd1979
Posted 7/13/2014 14:04 (#3965915 - in reply to #3965909)
Subject: RE: Why don't we adopt Brazil's Variable RFS policy..

west central illinois
JonSCKs - 7/13/2014 13:01

Why don't we adopt Brazil's variable RFS policy.. when prices fall.. up the required blend rate.. they have currently..??  something like 15 to 25% of their fuel is alcohol.. We could do that here..

Make the oil companies install blender pumps.. and sell e-85.. They won't like it but WHO CARES?  It's not like Big Oil has a lot of political clout anyway..  and cheaper fuel would be a boon to the US economy.. since we still import like 50%.. anyway.. OPEC would become the shock absorber.. (which they already are anyway..)

That's what I would do...

Cheap corn.. convert like 6.5 billion bushels into like.. 18 bil gallons.. or.. basically what the RFS was calling for soon anyway..  Heck just implement the RFS AS IS...

I think we should PRESS the issue..  Obama doesn't care about Big Oil.. neither does some big red states.. Nebraska.. Dakota's that prefer ethanol anyway.. me in Ks...  Win Win.. 

edit add: through Oil a bone and allow Keystone to get built...??? 

that would make sense. Liked the big oil and no political clout as well! Lol. On the other hand if it was brought up the affordable food crowd would be in the media everyday beating that drum.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)