AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn Field 21 & 22/06/2014 Too Much Rain. (5 Pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 6/22/2014 21:39 (#3932418 - in reply to #3931802)
Subject: RE: Corn Field 21 & 22/06/2014 Too Much Rain. (5 Pics)

southern MN
I was pondering the other day, as I looked at my fields. This pic is looking over 3 40s to the ditch from a hilltop. So its kinda hard to get any perspective.

The one pothole we tiled through a few years ago, the 15 inch tile was 3 feet deep through the low spot. The ridge between the pothole and the ditch was too high for their wheel to get through, 7 feet, they needed 1.5 feet dozed off. So, the ridge is 5.5 feet higher than the low spot in the field.

The water was running over the top of that ridge. You can see it in the pic, near the top of that tree.

That makes the water in that pothole about 6 feet deep. That is some deep water in a field.

The closest water is my neighbors pothole. Maybe 5 acres.

The next water is called a wetland, I can harvest the hay off it, have every year. It is 8 acres of grass, there is another 4-5 acres of water in cropland around it in the pic. The grass in it is 4 feet high, and is barely out of the water.

The 3rd pothole is my peat ground with the 6-6.5 feet of water, mist have been 12 acres or more.

The far water is the county ditch.my fence next to it was only the tops of the posts just barely above water. All wire was under water.

I didn't try much with a shovel either.

Paul

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments image.jpg (101KB - 58 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)