AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

i am going to barrow 20 million bucks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 6/10/2014 00:56 (#3910912 - in reply to #3910152)
Subject: RE: i am going to barrow 20 million bucks

Texas
Tp85 - 6/9/2014 18:34

I would be willing to bet there is a catch to all of it just as there is with all these government programs. My wife took out student loans to get thru school and without them she would not have been able to go and now she is a successful 7th grade school teacher. Her student loans are almost 40% of her monthly salary. If it was not for the fact I paid them once a year for her with extra money I make from my farming operation it would really stretch up out month to month. Which hers are not being dragged out and are set up for either 7 or 10 yrs. yes this would help a lot of people but the people that probably need to have a lowered payment will probably not qualify for it. So I guess my question is for bad farmer. Are you going to start talking about people who want to better their lives and don't have the money to do so and take out a student loans like you have been on here bad mouthing young farmers like myself who would like to rent more land.

Nobody HAS to take out student loans to go to school. Work, save, and choose the school wisely. It is possible. Not easy but possible.

Also think long and hard about the career path you choose. Being a teacher is admirable but personally I would not want to go into a field where my school debt obligation was 40% of my salary.

I am all for bettering your life but do a cost benefit analysis on it.

I took out some student loans. In hindsight I could have done it with out them as they mostly financed lifestyle. I did however choose a career path that pays well and the student loans were not much in relation to my income. My job easily allowed me to pay them off. It blows my mind to see people take out 50k or more of student loans to get a 30k a year job.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)