AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thinking of taking the train from Ne to Copper Mt. in Colorado and have questions.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CRJ
Posted 6/10/2014 05:51 (#3910961 - in reply to #3910818)
Subject: RE: Additional information.

NEIN
I have never taken the train to ski but I have ridden from Galesburg to Glenwood and back. My wife and I had a sleeper berth and we had fun. Much different than riding coach I suppose and vastly different from a plane. The only problem I see with your plan is what happens if the train is delayed and often it is because freight service in this country takes priority over the passenger trains. On such a short trip that could really mess up your plans. I have had trips about ruined just with flight delays when we tried to do them in a very short day length and had planned on skiing everyday. Works much better to make it relaxing and a little longer. I do understand a budget and everything about skiing is expensive. I think your idea is a good one and Buttermilk has lots of green and if they want more The Highlands are just up the road. I would recommend a group lesson just so they get the basics of turning, stopping and getting up from a fall. Maybe junkman will chime in on lessons he is a much better skier than I and has more slope time for sure. Good luck, our family has skied together since my boys were 5 & 7 and almost all of it was out west. We have gone every year since and sometimes twice. The family time is the best and the best skiing is in the west. We still go when the boys can and usually that's at Christmas time on college break.

Edited by CRJ 6/10/2014 17:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)