AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Propane tanks
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/4/2014 06:09 (#3901122 - in reply to #3900593)
Subject: RE: Propane tanks

Chebanse, IL.....

I truly don't understand why normal citizens can't easily buy new LP tanks. I really don't know any source in NE IL willing to sell NEW LP tanks to common people. Some older used ones, yes, but finding a bona-fide honest deal on a new tank is terrible. Once in a while you'll have a dealer that will shoot you a "sky-high" price, but not competitive pricing.

Why is that?

You can buy gas & diesel tanks all day long everywhere. Natural gas companies bring their service onto your property, but not very far...you supply the rest & they don't!  Also, in IL whatever supplier name is on the tank will be your supplier & no one else can fill your tank, though they know perfectly well the tank is legal, or they can prove it just like if you suddenly come up with a privately owned tank. You better have proof of legality (data plate).

Though I don't do it & have no interest in it, I'm betting it's much easier to buy deadly, addicting, illicit & illegal drugs in NE IL vs a new LP tank. I'm betting I could return from our closest city here in 2 hrs with a years supply of drugs, but I have no idea where to buy a new LP tank locally, which I have been around all my life. Why is that...objectively? I understand why it's done from LP dealer viewpoint.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)