AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

American Soldier who served with Bowe Bergdahl
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 6/4/2014 01:01 (#3901054 - in reply to #3899568)
Subject: RE: American Soldier who served with Bowe Bergdahl

Southeast Wyoming

dairyman78 - 6/3/2014 06:42 I have read a lot of books written by people who fought in combat and my point is that active combat can change a lot on how a person thinks and reacts to situations. So for people like me that never fought in active combat should be careful how we throw stones.

dairyman78 - 6/3/2014 19:48 I have to admit from what I have heard as other posters have posted, that this incident has a strange smell.

(I lost internet late week, repair man made it out today - new lead and terminal box has greatly improved my internet connection.)

Dave, I never served in combat.  I DID VOLUNTEER to serve my country in the military (There are many very honorable ways to serve our country!) at a time when the liberal media was doing all they could to stop the war against communist aggression.  I joined at a time when we knew it was not a cakewalk.  By the grace of God, the Marines began to be pulled out of Vietnam one week before I got out of boot camp.  So NO, I cannot see it through the eyes of combat experience and I agree that makes a great deal of difference.

Having made that distinction, I want to thank you for noting that this whole deal has a strange smell.  I think your earlier remark about "throw stones" was misguided.  What I see is effort to uncover the stones which some would prefer we not see.  This administration promised to inform the congress prior to ANY NEGOTIATION for the release of any gimo prisoners.  The congress overwhelmingly voted to not negotiate for the release when it was proposed months ago.

It appears that the goal of this administration from day one has been to get those al qaeda leaders back to their units.  And now we exchange them for one who by all appearances seems to be at least in sympathy with al qaeda, IF NOT an actual member of al qaeda!  What evidence has been presented that this "american soldier" has been imprisoned?  Or was it merely time for him to come back to see his family, with this being an opportune time for "appearances".

If the link to the video of the deserting soldier's father on the platform with the POTUS is actual, and interpreted correctly, we need to impeach this POTUS.  No, lying about your religious convictions is not an impeachable offense but aiding the enemy of this country is.

Edited by Gary Lyon 6/4/2014 09:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)