AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone sell trees?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

don@nebr
Posted 6/2/2014 12:37 (#3898284 - in reply to #3897977)
Subject: RE: Anyone sell trees?

You can try advertising them but can guess the response. unless you buy your own tree spade and make a biz which sounds like your not in to.

My guess is phone will ring between 0 and 6 times and 4 of those will be fishing.

Buy a root plow and take them out right,,,brush hogging will result in a mine field of pungy sticks. After the root plow rolls them out take a loader and push them together. might have to pre prepare for all this by removing largest trees. Best is trial and error and see what works best in your soils and trees.

Heard once of people clearing land in Alaska. Had 2 D-9's or 10's with a long anchor chain between rolling out trees and was using a brush rake to windrow like hay and burn.

I had good luck with sporadic light stand of trees(cedars) with a skid loader with manure bucket. Had a thick metal blade with a v cut in front attached to 2 teeth so about 8" wide. Get it rolling about right and drop the bucket at right time and they roll right out cut at the roots. Hit right under it the bigger the lower. on the biggest ones might have to hit it left and right and down the middle. Would take a long time with a solid stand tho. but quicker than wrapping chain on each one. Best part is you have a great view. Might work with a front end loader with practice.

Good luck,,,big project but worth it after its over

other option is controlled burn if you have enough fuel to burn. If there is grass there now burning would let it come thru.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)