AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorghum Sudangrass
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

wayneNWAR
Posted 6/1/2014 13:46 (#3896542 - in reply to #3896256)
Subject: RE: Sorghum Sudangrass

north west arkansas
I bought my green treat dynamo from Winfield solutions and I believe it is fairly accessible to buy. I planted another bmr variety last year from Cps and it was fine but I like the dynamo better. We is traditionally grown around here is a hybrid sorghum Sudan and not a bmr. Here are the differences I have noticed but I am far from an expert but have grown quite a bit.
Regular hybrid sorghum Sudan you plant at around 30-50 pounds and it is fairly small stemmed and gets really tall(like 8') but not a lot of leaf (kind of a souped up Johnson grass). The great treat dynamo you plant at like 10-15 pounds and has a fairly large stem and huge leaves just like corn would have and has a new leaf every 2 inches up the stalk and probably only gets about 4' tall( I describe it as a shrunk down corn plant). We bale all ours as dry hay and the cows waste much less of the green treat dynamo even though the stalk is much larger. As far as quality the hybrid sorghum Sudan hay usually runs around 7-8% protein and the cream treat dynamo wil usually run 12-13+. This is just my experience and if you have any questions just ask.
Edit: It looks like you should have some dealers close by.

Edited by wayneNWAR 6/1/2014 14:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)