AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

high school graduation gift ammount
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BHTN
Posted 5/18/2014 12:58 (#3876667 - in reply to #3876091)
Subject: RE: high school graduation gift ammount

West Tennessee
Jon B - 5/18/2014 04:28

Why would you give anything? YOUR SUPPOSED TO GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL!!!  

Whats next - $5 for getting out of bed in the morning? 

Sorry - I'm usually not this cynical, but this is one of those ridiculous things that I can't wrap my head around.  If you do the work the teachers tell you to do, you will succeed.  Your not overcoming major struggles or adversity - your doing the work that's expected of you.  And the reward for all that should simply be the pretty little piece of paper that says "Graduate".  Cause guess what sweetheart - without that piece of paper, your not going to get as far in life as you may want.

Again, I apologize for the cynicism, but that's my $0.02

However, here is what I would do.  I'd say "congratulations - build on this and put the education to good use"

I agree about not getting "rewarded" for doing what your supposed to do. Some of my tenants think they should get tenant of the year award for paying their rent on time. At the same time society has some norms that most of us tend to follow. There is really no compelling reason to give gifts for ANY occasion. If someone chooses not to that's their business in my opinion. People are supposed to get married, have anniversaries and birthdays and on and on. My daughter recently graduated high school and received many gifts. She "needed" none of them. ALL of them were appreciated by her and she'll write thank you notes for all of them. It won't be noticed that some people didn't give gifts. The people who won't/don't take the time to give a little of their time to her will ultimately be the ones that missed out. My two cents.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)