AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

high school graduation gift ammount
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Pvafarm
Posted 5/18/2014 07:30 (#3876239 - in reply to #3875605)
Subject: RE: high school graduation gift ammount

Southeast WI
I was raised if you get a gift you send out a card and note saying thank you. Its ingrained in my daughters and they almost panic if they dont get it done in a week or so. They are 12 and 14. I know friends of mine were raised the same way but somehow that "tradition" hasnt been passed down to their kids. After giving gifts a few times and no form of thank you its simple to just "forget" to do anything. Im not asking for anything other than "hey, really appreciated you thinking of me". If this happened to me from a close relative like your grandsons i would have been more pointed in the bday card. Manners are important. So many lack proper etiquette in todays world.

As far as the OP? Friends kids 20-30 is fine, 50 if they are really good ones going somewhere and not unusual for 100 to great kids - doesnt matter if they are relatives or not. Kind of go on a merit scale here. And this isnt a pat on the back for just graduating. Meant to recognize 13-14 years of schooling being accomplished, sure, but it helps them out on the next leg of education. Like one poster said, string several gifts together and they can buy a high end laptop that will work for their next 4 years of schooling. Thats the idea.

Edited by Pvafarm 5/18/2014 07:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)