AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dayton Hamvention
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bob Blue
Posted 5/16/2014 19:51 (#3874136 - in reply to #3873882)
Subject: RE: Dayton Hamvention

Nate and others,

Live about 75 miles East of Dayton, spent 6 hours there today. Cool, morning shower, a lot of the same old junk in the flea market. Friday must be the Senior Citizen, (am one), Social Security, Retiree, day, no middle aged or young people. Maybe they will be there Saturday or Sunday.  Flea market inventory, very little of equipment less than 10 years old, some 20 to 30 years old, few building parts. some good tables of coaxial connectors, misc parts, and the same stuff that was there 20 years ago. Spent most of the day outside visiting with friends and didn't see very many buying and carrying out loot. There were empty spots in the flea market. Maybe weather scared some away.

Made a mid morning trip thru the inside, packed with old geezers, me included. Very few spinning the knobs on new equipment. Company reps waiting for some one to ask questions.  Got out and went back in about 3PM to go Batteries America, crowd had thinned out and sales persons were waiting for customers. Ten Tech had a big sign, "Equipment sale at factory Prices". I heard Thursday that Ten Tech, Alpha Amps Co.,and another US manufacturer had merged into one. You know what happens with mergers. 

Had fun meeting and talking to my radio friends, bought a few need parts. and had no trouble getting in our out, the parking lot on the hill was 1/3 full. Never had to wait in a traffic line either in or out. The Friday crowd was down.

Bob W8LXJ Chillicothe, Ohio

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)