AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-guide 500 mapping desktop software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bigg
Posted 3/24/2008 18:25 (#340933 - in reply to #340417)
Subject: Re: EZ-guide 500 mapping desktop software

It is not good to hear, that Trimble does not ensure compatibility with logging software. It's a pity I didn't know about it before I bought it... Although I would probably buy it anyway, because it has probably the best quality/price ratio. Granted, as their best product it should provide conpatibility.
I think (welll, I hope) they are going to fix it in the next release of firmware, because I see a lot of progress in the 3.0 firmware, so they are working to improve. You can enter a lot of data for an event (operator name, weather conditions, type of operation, and so on). To tell you the truth, I could not imagine using EZ-Guide with firmware v. 1.0 - it did not have any reporting tool (now at least summaries, will do for me for this year) and no freeform guidance. It did not use WAAS satelites as GPS source. With this new firmware I get HDOP always between 1.0 -1.6.
So I see progress.
Maybe it would be good to give some feedback to Trimble so they know, what's bothering us. I will try to talk with my dealer - he claiims that it is not that difficult to affect this corporate world of Trimble, so we'll see.

To answer your question Macy: I do not have RTK system, so I do not have elevation map in high resolution.

If the area is in square degrees, so it seems you have to multiply theese values by 111*111 km2 (1 degree is ca. 111 km). I will investigate if it works and report back to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)