AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

EZ-guide 500 mapping desktop software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bigg
Posted 3/23/2008 19:25 (#340257 - in reply to #337938)
Subject: Re: EZ-guide 500 mapping desktop software

Indeed, 3.0 Firmware can create reports (System -> Data managament -> Summaries -> Write to USB, or sth like that).
This almost suits my needs for now.
The report has total field area, covered area, and even nice diagram showing heights in the field. It is an *.RTF file. Word can read it.

I also tried program called TatukGIS, which is a free GIS viewer, and it showed the field shape, but the data displayed from the *.DBF file (there are 3 files sharing the same name but different extension: dbf, shx, shp; dbf file contains all aditional information and attributes, including the area of particular shape) was wrong, namely the area was sth like 3.595487432e-7. This is scientific exponential notation, which means that the area is almost zero... What is that? Could it be this area is presented as a tiny fraction of a bigger reference area? Strange. This looks like a bug in EZ-Guide firmware. Does anybody has an idea what this could be? Being able to read data for a single pass or only a part of a field could be useful. TatukGIS has a nice feature, where you can select, which passes are considered. However as of now the summeries in it are just zero...
Or maybe someone knows of a GIS program of similar functionality, which works with EZ-Guide (I need a specific name)?

DBF files from reports can be read using Excel.

And one more question. How to close a field, which was not finished? During testing I drove for a kilometer and the came back, but the starting and ending point of my ride did not meet (in Headland mode). When I switched off EZ_Guide in order to dump the new path and coverage to USB drive, that all disappeared. And I should be at least able to resume navigation. Also starting another field before switching off does not work (my second attempt). So any idea how to dump partially completed fields to USB drive?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)