AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another proud father
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 5/10/2014 23:59 (#3863051)
Subject: Another proud father

west central Iowa
Our oldest son graduated from Iowa State today 29 years after his Dad did, at first he said he didn't want to make to make the trip back down to walk across the stage, but I told him he was going to. We are really proud of him as he was born with his right hand and arm undersized. He only has one joint in the fingers of his right hand and the middle two fingers are pretty useless. But most people don't notice and he seldom uses it as an excuse. I forget about it and sometimes he has to remind me of something he can't do because of it, but not very often. He did get a small amount of vocational assisstance from the gov't bocause of this, but he got through 4 years of college with no help from us. He worked for the USDA in Ames during the school year and different jobs in the summer besides helping me on the farm, we do most of the combining on the weekends with him running the combine. He has one small loan, but has money in the stock market to cover it. He graduated cum laude in AgBus and starts his new job monday, luckily only an hour from home, luckily for him where his girlfriend lives. So if any of you need the services of an honest farm manager, email me and I'll have him give you a call.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)