AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Picture transfer without a computer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Chimel
Posted 5/10/2014 22:48 (#3862973 - in reply to #3862476)
Subject: RE: Picture transfer without a computer

32GB is gigantic, I have two 32GB SD cards for my Canon camcorder for (almost) non-interrupted filming, each card can fit several hours of video, let alone small static pictures. I think you'll be fine. Check your usage midway into your trip, and if you are nearing maximum capacity, which I seriously doubt, you can always purchase one in a computer/video shop.

Explore also the settings of your camera: If it has a huge LCD sensor, you don't necessarily need to have all pictures taken at this resolution, unless it's art. There is probably a way to reduce a bit the resolution or maybe use a bit less than 23.7 million colors and save on storage space.

Empty your card, take a hundred random pictures in 5 minutes and check what storage you had before and what you have left, this will give you an idea of how many pictures you can take with your current settings. Change the settings and repeat until you are satisfied, or get a new card if it's not good enough.
Even if you don't have a laptop, you can also do like professional reporters do, go to a cybercafe and upload your pictures on the road to free up your card. You may want to purchase a USB SD card adapter (if that's the type of card you have) in case the computer you use does not have an integrated card reader. Sandisk has one for $8, they are very cheap. I got one for my netbook but never had to use it so far.

Sandisk is a brand, not a type of memory card. If it's a SD card, then it's not specific to your camera and you would not be buying a proprietary one-time usage card. Check the documentation of your camera to know more.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)