AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you like your steak?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JFDairy
Posted 4/6/2014 22:07 (#3801618 - in reply to #3801116)
Subject: RE: How do you like your steak?

middle TN
A little coarse salt, maybe pepper. If cooking inside in a skillet, melt a little butter on med-high on a gas cook-top, about 2 min on each side for a 1" fully thawed steak is plenty for me, everybody else around likes them done just a bit more. I guess I would fall into the Rare-Med-Rare camp.
I was preparing a whole loin to cook a while back, and while looking through an old cook-book, came across a recipe for Steak Tartare. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but somewhat like what was described, I trimmed some of the "tail" off of the loin, chopped it somewhat finely, added some chopped onion, coarse salt, broke a raw egg over the top of it, and scooped it onto some crackers I found in the cabinet. That was some good eating. I am kinda looking forward to the other loin I have in the freezer:)

It is something of a reward for me when I get to eat a steak from an animal that is home bred, raised and fed. I don't know that I have ever gotten the satisfaction from a restaurant-cooked steak that I get from the ones out of my freezer. It is hard to beat a Jersey steer or free-martin heifer, raised on pasture and fed hard for three or more months before slaughter.

Jared in TN
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)