AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mount St Helens primordial state
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 4/7/2014 06:40 (#3801870 - in reply to #3801428)
Subject: RE: Mount St Helens primordial state

North of London

Strange you would say that.
No missing link..........
well I guess if it is missing then it has not been found but then that is the way your argument works.
When a fossil is found that is between 2 different types of life form you then have 2 'missing links'.

So just to whet your appetite for signs of evolution I give you Tiktaalik found in the Canadian Arctic recently, a step om the path of evolution from the water to 4 legged animals on land.
http://tiktaalik.uchicago.edu/meetTik.html
Tiktaalik looks like a cross between the primitive fish it lived amongst and the first four-legged animals (a group called "tetrapods" from tetra-, meaning four, and -pod, meaning foot. Actually, all animals that descended from these pioneer amphibians, including us, can be called tetrapods). Tiktaalik lived about 12 million years before the first tetrapods (which are approximately 363 million years old). So, the existence of tetrapod features in a fish like Tiktaalikis significant because it marks the earliest appearance of these novel features in the fossil record.

I won't take the 
time to look up a link but there was a fossil found about the time Darwin was publishing about evolution which is part dinosaur and part bird.
You would find it very interesting to study up on all the evidence of evolution, so many interesting fossils have been found and continue to be found. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)