AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some Realities for Renewables
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

OldMcdonald
Posted 3/22/2014 20:08 (#3769601 - in reply to #3769225)
Subject: RE: Some Realities for Renewables

Napanee, Ontario
55 cents for 8 now Maize, still just as retarded though. 1.2 billion lost on the 80 - eight deal in 2013 alone. These guys are wizards at making the cash disappear.

Neighbor over the road from us is putting up a 500k "barn" to get the extra 7 or 8 cents more for the building/structure FIT rate.

The whole look of the things are ridiculous on face.... huge otherwise pointless buildings erected only for the sake of being a building... to qualify under the Province's Friday afternoon at 4:59 energy policy legislation. The latest and greatest from our folks in Toronto in their effort to keep the polish on a hallmark of squandered finances in this province.

I would probably laugh if i didn't live here. Except I do, and it's costing us 50-80% more on our power bills vs everywhere else in the country / continent (going on a bit of a limb there). I can't remember the name of the company, but i was just recently discussing about it where a factory packed up shop because the electricity was too expensive to run the lines here in Ont. And they say its still going to get 33% more expensive.

There are about 15 -20 of these solar barns in a 20 km radius here now. Can't blame the guys for putting them up, but driving around the country here seeing these monster slant roof barns... they are going to serve as physical monuments that dot the countryside reminding everyone of the brilliance of the 2000's liberals' policy contributions.

Edited by OldMcdonald 3/22/2014 21:31

(solar barns.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments solar barns.jpg (65KB - 39 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)