AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

"Finding 350 mln bu. of corn..."
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 3/12/2014 15:08 (#3749601 - in reply to #3749444)
Subject: RE: "Finding 350 mln bu. of corn..."

Boone Co. Iowa
I was just looking at a chart that was sent to me, I assumed Dec. since the $4.73 and $4.80 range was somewhat close to where we were a day or two ago. Looks like the chart is the CK of 2013 and 2014, not December....my mistake.

I WAS looking at my own chart of Dec 14 when I pulled the $4.98 out of a hat....it looks to me like we might actually get a chance to hit $5.02 before the month is out but I always figure I can share the last nickel with someone else. And $5.00 psychologically might be tough prior to the report....

More and more it looks to me like we "covered" some of the shortfall of the 2012 crop with the abundance of the crop from 2013. The stellar yields were all along the eastern seaboard, and that is where they need to feed the hogs, right? In the midwest, much of the demand is from ethanol and those plants just decided to run lean and/or do inventory, cleaning, etc. for that short month prior to the harvest refilling the pipeline....Oversimplifying for sure but one of the ways that the USDA got to be right and not run out of corn. But it helps me see how we went from a 2.0 number back down to 1.4XX so quickly/easily.

Just like every other year, it looks like weather is going to be the market mover this spring. I was hoping my $5.68 sale last spring would be my worst and it looks as if it will be my best.

Edited by WeaveFarmer 3/12/2014 15:09

(Corn Chart.png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Corn Chart.png (45KB - 26 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)